-->

Saturday, January 28, 2012

He really does make me Smile





Good morning!  Per my usual mode I am supposed to be getting stuff ready to head out for a little scrapbooking today BUT I dinked around elsewhere and decided to work on a challenge.  In this case it's the Gingersnaps Chestnut Theme Challenge.  I initially intended to do something entirely different...a card I think.  But then I noticed they have a bunch of really cool tutorials on there and I happened upon this one using book pages.  I had also been reading earlier about an upcoming art journal class that I'd like to take.  (I know.  My train of thought really does jump all over the place like this!).  So my project morphed into a quasi-art-journaly-type thingy.  Right now it's really just all slapped on cardstock but I'm thinking I may plop it onto canvas or something.

Here's what I did. 
  • Ripped out the old book pages and glued them onto cardstock with gel medium.  Impatiently waited for it to dry...kinda. 
  • Sponged on Distress Inks (Wild Honey, Worn Lipstick, Fired Brick, Barn Door) and misted with a smidge of water.
  • Printed out the picture of my beloved and I (we really do laugh a lot - saves our sanity) on regular paper and glued that down with the gel medium.
  • Stamped the jester (this set is from Blockhead Stamps), but decided it didn't work against the text background so sponged some Picket Fence Stain over the top and roughly drew over the stamped image.
  • Stamped the hats onto white cardstock and colored them in, cut them out and glued them on our heads.  Added some stickles and the bells. (Too impatient to wait so you can see that the pink stickles on my hat is still a smidge wet)
  • 'You' was stamped with black ink and then colored in with my white Sigmo pen.
That's it!   Thanks for stopping by. 

1 comment:

Emily Leiphart said...

This is so fun and sweet, Julie! Thanks so much for stopping by during the Stamp It! 3 Ways Blog Hop!