-->

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Use your Stash

I had to play along with the Play Date Cafe Challenge this week if only because one of the colors they chose is "moldy cheese".  I'm just a little tweaked that way. 


Anyone who has seen my work area will heartily agree that I have a tendency to keep EVERYTHING.  I keep tiny paper scraps, bits of ribbon (my mother-in-law may recogize the green from a Christmas gift a couple of years ago!), containers, packaging cuz you just never know when you're going to need it.  So the Gingersnap Creations Spicy Supply Challenge to use ribbon dovetailed quite nicely with the idea in my head. 


I would love to claim that I came up with the idea to use scraps behind a negative die cut image, but I got this ah-ha! from Julie Ebersole.  Super easy.
  •  Cut out the heart. 
  •  Find a scrap of cardstock a bit larger than the heart and glue your scraps to it (I ran the cardstock through my Xyron). 
  • Outline the heart shape on the card base and glue ribbon piece over it. 
  • Attach the front piece to the base with mounting tape.  Voila!
A little bonus is that I was looking for an entirely different sentiment stamp and ran across this set (Autumn Leaves) that I had forgotten all about (even though I had to have it at the time).  I send a card to my mom every week. I think she'll like this one.  Cheers!


3 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Love your cute heart made from scraps Julie! Pretty card ;)

Jinny Newlin said...

This is such a great way to use scrap ribbons, Julie! TFS! And thanks so much for joining us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHH! I love the idea of using scraps for a card! Beautiful papers and ribbons:) THANKS so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the PDCC:)