-->

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Win some, Lose Some

Long time, no see.  My studio (I like to call it that though in reality it's a tiny room in my home.) has not seen much creative activity of late.  Don't get me wrong.  I've been busy.  A quick Girls Weekend with my mom and sisters in Palm Desert was fabulous - gorgeous weather and excellent company.  I came home to several orders for Mario and Perry invites in the shop.  These little babies are a smidge labor intensive meaning no time to play around this week.  This morning however I decided to get out the goodies and play a bit.  Who would guess that all of this

led to a simple little tag?  I know, crazy, right?  Believe it or not all of this stuff is really on there. I made this for the Grungy Monday Challenge over at Studio L3.  Their challenges involve creating something Tim Holtz-inspired (check out Tim's blog- great tutorials) using his products and/or techniques and Simon Says Stamp is the sponsor.  Ready?  Here's what I came up with (click on the picture to see it better) ...


Here's a little Top Tip Tuesday Tip:  See that ribbony business on top?  I've been eyeballing the beautiful, scrunchy, colored seam binding that so many have been using on their projects and wanting to give a go at dying my own.  Since I couldn't find seam binding I used bias tape instead.  It's not the same thing.  It takes color nicely but that cool, crinkly effect?  Nothing.  Nada.  Zilch.  Lesson learned.

Time to get back to work on shop stuff.  Thanks for taking a peek and Happy Sunday!

1 comment:

Emily said...

My handmade items are the same way- you have to get out 100 tools and supplies to make one seemingly simple looking design! Glad I'm not the only one who notices this!

Your fellow nonteamie,
Emily