-->

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Fall Leaves

Few things say fall to me like the changing colors on the trees.  I spotted these beautiful leaf-shaped doilies and so many ideas for using them came to mind.


I've added sets of each of these lovely lacy leaves here in my Etsy shop.

I'm imagining them scattered down the center of a table as a pseudo (and very easy) table runner. I may either sew them together or thread them on some bakers twine for a simple fall garland on my mantle. Picture a package simply wrapped in kraft paper with these as the gift tag or in a smash book documenting an autumn road trip.  These would be put to good use as masks on paper projects as well - lay them on some paper and spray with a colored mist.  Remove the doilie to reveal a pretty, lacy leaf image.

These are just the tip of the iceberg - so many possibilities!

No comments: