-->

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Here you go, My Pretty...

I have fallen in love with this latest project.  I just listed it here in my Etsy shop, but I must admit being tempted to keep it for myself (perhaps this is a good excuse to make another?).


I picture this Spell book as being discovered in some deep, dark cave near Salem.  Missing for over a hundred years a magic spell has locked its pages which are wrapped in a bat skin (maybe goblin flesh?) cover.  Too creepy?

 


The reality is that it's a hardcover book that I rescued, added some goodies to and covered with ultra-thin paper.  The pages are glued shut with a mixture of Mod Podge and paint. I am having a hard time trying to decide what the texture of the covering reminds me of.  I wanted something mythical or that a proper witch would appreciate hence, bat skin, goblin flesh or perhaps hell hound hide.  I don't know.  What do you think?

4 comments:

trisha too said...

Before I even read to the part about the covering, with the bat on the front, I immediately thought "It looks like it's covered with bat skin!"

But surely there's a creepier name for bat skin than just "bat skin," isn't there? Such a great piece needs something a little better in its' description, right?

:)

Lynn Mercurio said...

Wow...this is amazing. What a great piece of Halloween decor for the coffee table. LOVE it!

Unknown said...

is this real

Julie S said...

;) Thankfully no, but I'm glad it looks convincing!