-->

Sunday, February 17, 2013

12 Tags of 2013: January

Yep.  Procrastinating again.  I just got around to Tim Holtz's January tag this morning.  Yesterday I mozied on down to my local scrapbook store (heretofor refered to as LSS per scrapbooking parlance) yesterday afternoon to pick up my new post-CHA goodies.  I finally grabbed some Dylusions stamps (only sentiments this time but I've got my eye on some of those delish images) and a few bottles of the new Distress Paint as well.  None of this stuff was used on my tag, but it did get me to the crafting table to make this:

 
In typical attic elfish style my tag looks nothing like his so let me help you with the similarities.
 
I started with a #8 manila tag which I ran through the Big Shot with a honeycomb embossing folder.
Inked it up with some Wild Honey, Peeled Paint and Walnut Stain Distress Inks and flicked water about to get some droplet-y looking bits.
 
Instead of the clear film strip he used I put some strips of washi tape on the upper left.
 
No gears but I die-cut lovely butterflies out of some scraps from my mixed media pile.  They had originally been sprayed with Dylusions inks in beautiful bright colors but I toned them down for this by dabbing some Walnut Ink DI over the top.  A bit of Diamond Glaze gives the butterflies' bodies some dimension.
 
 
 My sentiment panel is similar to his but I didn't have the fancy clipboard piece so I just stuck it on there. It was't supposed to be this dark but I accidently smooshed my blending tool on the Walnut Ink pad instead of the Wild Honey one when adding some color.  Oops...those two are most definitely different.
 
I really like crinkling up my ribbon, but true to Tim's example I left it uncrinkled and died it with Peeled Paint stain.  I stamped the 'somethings' from the sentiment (something to do, something to love, something to hope for) on the ribbon with some Fabrico ink that was hiding in the dark recesses of my ink drawer and finished off the tie with a silver key charm which I warmed up with some gold alcohol ink.
 
 
So that's it.  Here is Tim's tag:
 
 
See the similarities now?  I need to figure out what to do with all of these tags I'm making.  Right now they get jammed into a box after I photograph them, but certainly there's some better use I can put them to.  Would love to hear what other 12 Taggers do with their tags once finished.

1 comment:

SandeeNC said...

Oh, don't tell Timmy, but I like your tag much better! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥