-->

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Sunday Postcard Art - Ephemera

I'm titling my postcard this week "Homage to Frannie".   My mom has affectionately been dubbed "The Deal Queen" by her children and grandchildren.  She doesn't scope out good deals out of financial necessity but rather I think for her it's the thrill of the chase of finding a really good deal. 



With the exception of the card base, ink and rhinestones, all of the items used on my card were plundered from either my purse or the kitchen counter (i.e. weekly grocery circulars).  I stamped and cut out her face from a receipt and her crown is a gum wrapper that I purposely kept since it was a such a pretty, shiny blue color.  :)

Thanks for stopping by this week!

3 comments:

Karla B said...

This is fabulous!

Missy said...

40% off or 50 % and now 70% off ! money is something so "ephemera" !!!
bravo

Deborah said...

This is brilliant, Julie! I love the story behind it and the gum wrapper crown.