-->

Saturday, October 5, 2013

Garden ATC

Yesterday, I was invited to do a personal swap on SwapBot with a garden theme.  I woke up early this morning with a frenzy of ideas floating around my brain.  Had to get right to work before I lost it.

The Garden Artist ATC

I love the quote by Oscar de la Renta.  It seemed perfect for my swapping partner who is not only a gardener but a creator of some great looking art as well.

I knew I wanted multiple layers in greens.  The base is patterend paper that has a repeated pattern of lettuce in olive green.  Next came stencils: green dots (Distress paint), numbers (Distress ink), diamonds (Distress ink).  I'm going through a bit of a shiny phase and couldn't resist rubbing some green Stickles over the whole thing.

The flower was created using colored strips of a dictionary page which I glued onto cardstock.  Originally they were a blue, pink, purple mix but the color was too light so I added purple over the whole thing.  I held back and only applied a dab of purple Stickles on a the smaller flower dots.



On a slightly different note, total rookie maneuver yesterday.  I made a bunch of ATCs for a big swap and forgot to take pictures.  Totally bummed as I know I'll forget what I did later and they were all totally different.  C'est la vie...live and learn...yada yada yada.  But here are some that I haven't shared yet here.
Alone in The City ATC

Anonymous ATC

City Lights ATC

The Concrete Jungle ATC

Learn to Surf ATC

Call it Art ATC

Mushroom Mishap ATC
Boil & Bubble ATC (for Glittery Halloween swap)
Okay.  Time to step away from 2 1/2" x 3 1/2" pieces of paper.  My house is a mess.  My children barely recognize this crazed person with bits of glitter in her hair and ink-stained fingers. 

Thanks for stopping by today!


2 comments:

Karin said...

wow great ATC's
Groetjes Karin

orneryswife said...

OMG!!! I love the garden ATC! I am so hoping it is headed my way! :) Loved the others too--especially the one that says I Prefer to Call It Art. I have never mastered those big paint plops. Your work is truly stunning, Julie. So glad I stumbled upon you on SwapBot!! :)
tm