-->

Friday, July 24, 2015

Working in a Series

I typically make one project at a time, but this morning I watched a great video that inspired me to try working in a series.  Loved it!  The result is five completed ATCs that are similar yet different.








The process was pretty simple.  
1.  I stamped some backgrounds on white cardstock.

2.  Using a variety of  mediums (gel, modeling paste, crackle, glass bead gel) I applied them through I stencil over which I had been sprinkled mica powder.

3.  While the mediums were drying, I stamped some images and words onto cardstock and colored them with spray inks and Distress stains, dried them and cut them out.

4. When the backgrounds were dry (enough) I sprayed spray inks and Distress stains over the backgrounds.

5.  Finally I put them all together and applied black and/or white paint splotches.  

Fun and messy.  I kept the color palette similar throughout making it easy to just grab whatever was in reach.  I feel so accomplished too.  :) 

1 comment:

Bibi Lindahl said...

Love your series of ATCs! The colours are beautiful and it makes me realize I don't use red often enough. Gorgeous!!! TFS :)