-->

Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Recycled Christmas Wrapping Paper

I have been fortunate enough to stumble upon some pretty cool art groups that are a great source of inspiration for me.  One of them has a monthly swap theme that varies widely in the media used, finished project type and definitely addresses (literally from all around the globe).  For January we were asked to create two ATCs using gift wrap left over from the holiday festivities.  I knew this was coming up and randomly grabbed some shiny red metallic snowflake paper.


Initially I was hoping to stay away from something too Christmasy but not too sure I was successful at that.  I pulled out my reindeer die (which sat collecting dust since December of 2014), partially used doily, embossing folder which I haven't used in ages, pine branch die cuts leftover from another project, old book and hymnal pages, etc.  My word for 2016 is declutter (I can almost hear the hubs laughing hysterically...whatever) ;)  so I'm feeling pretty spiffy that I repurposed or rediscovered a lot of things for this challenge.  (I'll 'fess.   The shiny stars are new, but it's Tim Holtz's fault because I saw him do something cool with them recently.)

Woot woot!  Bring it on 2016!

2 comments:

Nikki W said...

Love it Julie. Yes some very inspirational art sharing groups :)

Unknown said...

These are lovely Julie, I need to get my thinking cap on....Happy New Year!