-->

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

MFT Camp Create Session 2: Coloring on Kraft

Besides white cardstock, kraft is my go-to for projects; it's a perfect neutral.  It can be tricky to color on though and for that reason I tend to paper piece when working on a kraft background.  Today's lesson over at MFT stretches that thinking and one of their designers shows a project using colored pencils.  I've got those!  I decided to give it a try and am pretty happy with the result.


I've got a decent stash of pencils and decided to try several brands to see which I liked best.  I used General's, Loew-Cornell and Scenic Route watercolor pencils.  They all worked pretty well, but I think the General's and Loew-Cornell offered the most intense and vibrant colors.

To join in with Camp Create go HERE.  Happy arting!

2 comments:

Corrie Herriman said...

Gorgeous Julie... I have this stamp set too but haven't used it a lot...
Corrie x

Crafting with Jeanne said...

Turned out super nice!