-->

Saturday, August 12, 2017

Creative Life Art Journal Page

Hello, friends.

The Muse has sort of taken the summer off.  Work and life in general have been really busy.  Where has summer gone??

I joined Marjie Kemper's Mixed Media Art Book Group over on Facebook recently and we are working from Dina Wakley's Art Journal Freedom book this month.  I channeled Dina in my flower sketching/painting attempt.  My other prompt was the color challenge over at Rubber Dance Art Stamps (green, rust and magenta).


A few summers ago a gessoed a bunch of pages in an old composition book.  When I have leftover paint from another project I randomly swipe it over these pages.  The background here started as a deep orange and metallic gold page.   I sketched the flower with charcoal pencil and then painted over that with acrylics.  The background of the page is strips of book pages, stencilling, splattering and stamping (background stamps and leaves from Rubber Dance Textured Flowers set).  The quote is stamped too.

It was really nice to get my fingers dirty with some paint.  It's been WAY too long.  Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Rubber Dance said...

This is a wonderful spread Julie!!! I love the contrast between the background and the flower! Thank you for joining the Rubber Dance colour challenge.
xx Susanne.

ionabunny said...

Oooh, gorgeous bright beautiful pages. Love how the flower pops against the background. Thanks for joining the Rubber Dance challenge. Hugz