-->

Sunday, October 15, 2017

One Dark & Stormy Night...

I had a little fun yesterday in the studio.  The Muse has been sidelined unfortunately; this whole working full-time thing has really put a damper on my arting time.  Yesterday I sat down to make some ATCs and the ol' mind was blank.  I started rifling through a technique book and found a section about using paper towels.  "Okay then!  Let's get busy,", I said to myself.  Lo, and behold some ATCs emerged from the rubble.  VLVS has a truly October-appropriate challenge going right now and I'm entering this in it.  The wide-eyed, terrified dude is one of their stamps as is the sentiment.  :)  Love these and I think this is the first time I've used the terrified guy.  Swoon...



To create the background, I simply sprayed several colors (Fossilized Amber, Carved Pumpkin, Hickory Smoke, Ground Espresso) of Distress Stain on a slightly dampened paper towel.  Once it dried I cut ATC-sized pieces and sewed them onto cardstock for stability.  I wasn't sure how the image was going to work being stamped on an absorbent surface, but Archival Ink was great.  I added a little white to the eyes with a gel pen.  The creepy monster was created by sponging Distress Ink through an improvised monster stencil created with a die.

Happy Halloween and remember...if you hear something outside on a dark and stormy night, it may be best to just hunker down under the covers until morning...


3 comments:

Chris Dring said...

Holy crow! This ATC is absolutely amazing! Love it!

Sue said...

This is fabulous Julie, such fun! I love your little monster and the stamps are just perfect! Have a very happy week, Sue xx

Corrie Herriman said...

This is great ! Thanks for joining us over at VLVS! this month !
Corrie x